Get ready for your close up with Conor McCullagh's ConChat!
ConChat With . . . Conor McCullagh
1. Reality TV shows are everywhere now. If you had your choice of being on Celebrity Apprentice, The Bachelor or Dancing with the Stars which one would you want to be on and why?
Well, being that I don't dance, I'm no good at business, and recently divorced, I would have to go with The Bachelor. It's the only option that works for me.
2. Is there some actor or celebrity out there that you would like to do special effects make up on?
There really isn't. The best performers to work on are the ones that respect the process and have the patience to sit through an extensive prosthetic application.
3. You have property in Charlotte. What is your favorite aspect of the Queen City?
I like Charlotte because it's a beautiful city. It's not too big, the traffic is manageable, the cost of living is very reasonable, and the people here are generally very courteous and polite. You don't see too much of that in big cities.
4. Conor 'McGuyver' McCullagh? Elaborate please!
I think there are a lot of self proclaimed "McGuyvers" in the special effects business. My colleges started calling me that because I had a knack for rigging things on set with whatever I could find. I've been known to raid the craft service table on many occasions when I needed to quickly come up with fake guts or brain matter or something to stick in an exploding head.
5. OK, you're stranded on an island and Tom Hanks isn't there. How do you survive?
First would be finding or making a shelter, second would be building a fire if needed, and third would be finding something to eat. I hope I get a knife or a gun in this scenario. Once that's done, I guess I need to build a boat.http://concarolinas.org/index.php/cc/ccblog/203/16