ConCarolinas 2011 less than 2 months away!
To Our Faithful ConCarolinas Members:
Can you believe ConCarolinas is only 2 months away? The ConCom has been working hard to make this year's con better than ever and we wanted to share some things with you.ConSuite
- the consuite room is moving from the lobby (Harris) to the 3rd floor. Our consuite is being provided this year by Caterer X.Computer Gaming
- this year computer gaming is being provided by the Nexus Gaming Alliance and will be held in Harris (formerly the consuite). Please make sure you are wearing your convention badge in order to play computer games. Kids' Programming
- while we are not having a separate Kids Program this year, we will have various "Programming for Kids" options throughout the weekend's events. Please make sure to take a look through your Program Book to see what is available for your child. This information will also be available on our website a few weeks before the con.Auction
- this year we have several changes to the auction. The auction will start one hour earlier. We will also be raffling off some items. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase of $1 each at the registration desk (Midway). Depending on the merchandise we receive for the auction, we may hold a separate Gaming Auction as well. Stay tuned!Blood Drive
- this year one of our ConCom members, Luis Diaz, has organized an American Red Cross Blood Drive. The drive will be held on Friday from 4pm to 8:30pm. If you are interested in donating, please contact Luis Diaz at TuskenFan@gmail.com
. Donors will receive a special raffle ticket for a raffle just for those participating in the blood drive. Dealers Room
- the Dealer's Room and Artist's Alley hours will be extended until 8pm on Saturday.Volunteers
- we are always happy to have volunteers who like to give back to the con! We have a new Volunteer Policy (http://concarolinas.org/index.php/cc/ccvolunteer/85
). If you want to volunteer, you must sign up in advance. First time volunteers will get a reduced membership rate of $10. We are also going to be holding a raffle just for our volunteers as a "Thank you".Fox News Rising
- last year Wilson's World was live from ConCarolinas and Wilson has asked to come back again this year. We are thrilled to host the show on Friday morning and we are looking for folks to come out to participate . . . especially if you have a costume! Even if you don't, come out in your best geekery wear and have some fun with Wilson. We'll be providing donuts.Parking
- please remember to NOT park in any of the banks' parking lots. While there is a lot of parking around the hotel, the banks do not like anyone parking in their lots and you will possibly get ticketed and/or towed!
We've added a new feature this year called ConChat. It gives you a chance to get to know some of our guests before meeting them at the con. Check out this week's ConChat with the Carolina Ghostbusters! http://concarolinas.org/index.php/cc/ccblog/203/9
Don't forget that we have rolled back the rate on fan group registrations! If you're in one of the fan groups that have arranged for a fan group rate, you will now save $10 off the regular pre-registraton price! Please note that you MUST pre-register to get this special rate.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at ConCarolinas June 3-5, 2011. If you haven't registered
yet, please do so before May 16th!